5.11.2015

iphone does: cardinals nation

^^
A beautiful day for baseball
^^
Cherry blossoms + dad being reprimanded by George Washington for rooting for the rival team
^^
Game #1 aka my turn to wear our (yes, OUR) new Cardinals shirt
^^
Mama & Papa E!
^^
WHEN IN ROME! + Game #1's dugout seats
^^
Sweet Grandma - I hope to age as beautifully as she has
^^
They may actually be the game's biggest fans
^^
The man who started a Redbird legacy
^^
My man Yadi on the right!
^^
As dad put it, you can take the usher out of the ballpark, but you can't take the usher out of the man
^^
I mean, those are cute. And conveniently, delicious.
^^
Pictures like this make me wonder if I'm nearing my quota of how many selfies I can impose on him
^^
Post game brewery madness at Bluejacket

Because I am approximately 6 months behind in blogging about life events, these are from ohhhhh you knowwww, last MONTH when my parents & grandparents came up to DC to join us for the Cardinals vs. Nationals game. Both of my parents hail from St. Louis, so I was born into Cardinals fandom. Jared is a more recent convert, having no opinions on baseball prior to dating me, & eventually becoming -- Dare I say it? -- a bigger baseball fan than I am. We made it to two of the three games, & had equal amounts of fun with the ENORMOUS Cardinals fan base that we were surrounded by at both games. (& really, we like to have local spirit, but only when the Cardinals aren't the opponents. Go Nats.)

It was especially an honor to have both of my grandparents at the game. My grandfather has worked at the Cardinals' Busch Stadium since he retired over 20 years ago, ushering every home game ever, I'm pretty sure. My grandma joined him at the stadium for the past few years, & together, they are surely the biggest Cardinals fans I've ever met. They recently moved out to Virginia from St. Louis & are experiencing their first baseball season away from the ballpark, so it was very important to all of us that we got them to their team while our redbirds were nearby. It was a truly memorable afternoon, enjoying the game with them from the stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.