I had no idea how CRAZY this whole owning a company thing would be. NAIVE, I know. When it comes to small business, busy is not just good, it's great. It means something is working. It means we're doing something right. But no matter how many articles & blogs I read about work/life balance & learning how to walk away from work when work is also your couch, I still wasn't prepared, as discussed at great length here. Anyways...
Hi, blog. How are you? I haven't seen you since March. Things got a little a lot crazy. Things are still crazy. I have exactly 46 minutes to sit here & write before I need to move on to the next task on my to-do list. I still haven't written a This Month post for April. (tbh, I will probably backdate it & we can all pretend I hit publish on April 1st. It's like a really great April's Fool's Day prank, RIGHT?) Things will continue to be crazy until sometime in June. I know, I know. Life is harrrrrrd & I'm pretty much a spoiled brat. Don't think for a moment that I am not grateful to be doing what I'm doing. I'm just kinda bad at the balance part of it right now.
Every year, I do my annual year-in-review post & get so frustrated that I didn't make time for one or two blog posts a week. Little ones. Just a couple paragraphs about what's going on in the life of the Jared Bethunes. So, here goes.
- I've been traveling in little doses, just around Virginia, sometimes spending as few as 36 hours in DC before heading out again. Jared was sent to Vegas for work, & his plane landed as I was pulling the car out of the parking garage to head to Roanoke for a conference. Honestly, it's insane, but it's also... fun. (For now. Talk to me in 6 months.)
- Somewhere in the middle of all this, we found a dog to adopt. He was perfect. The adoption fell through. Heartbreak ensued. Hope springeth eternal for our Someday dog.
- Jared randomly had Easter Sunday off, so we took a quick trip to my parents for the annual Essmann family photo & over-the-top delicious Easter dinner.
- Amelia & I had our first Tart Event Co. wedding of 2015, which was also our first wedding since our public launch in January. It was beautiful, & perfect, & the groom was English.
- Spring has sprung in DC & we're being reminded of how much we love this city with every morning that we spend drinking coffee on the balcony.
- The newest Star Wars trailer is out & you better believe that's big news around these parts.
- & just for funzies, Jared went through his first car wash over Easter weekend. I found that to be worthy of documentation: