1.10.2013

kelsey vs. the immersion blender

It was a simple recipe. Tomatoes in parmesan cups. But we didn't have a food processor, & I wanted to get them started early because my Arbonne party was starting in two hours. I still needed to sweep & move chairs around, YA KNOW? So, I got out the immersion blender. THIS immersion blender, to be exact. Close enough, right? 

Long, gross, bloody story short - The immersion blender bit me. I immediately got mad that I'd ruined my party, as Jared grabbed the new insurance cards that had just arrived that day (thanks, God!), car keys and my purse & drove me to Patient First in rush hour traffic. Patient First jabbed me with a billion needles before deciding I needed to go to the ER. ... 7 hours, 1 chipped bone, 2 xrays, 9 shots & 10 stitches later, we finally arrived at our party-ready home.

This is the third time in my life that I've gotten stitches, & I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I 1. am a careless person & 2. should just stay away from the kitchen. But! God continues to protect me & Jared didn't pass out... In fact, he was quite the knight in shining armor.

Needless to say, we will be purchasing a food processor.

It's taken me 4x as long as it normally would to type this post. & I'm due up for some Vicodin. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds so miserable. Needles...blood...pain. Ugh. Sorry that happened to you, and so thankful that it wasn't worse. Which leads me to my next point. I'm not so sure a food processor is such a good idea. What with your kitchen accident-proneness...could you imagine the massacre?! Take care of yourself, K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, but the food processor has like... protective elements! On top of the fact that I won't be blending anything any time soon ;) Jared's got that corner of the Bethune kitchen covered for the rest of eternity.

      Delete

because lezz be frandz.