Jared turned 26 yesterday... 26! We keep getting older & it keeps not feeling like we're old enough to be x age. But does that ever start happening? I'm just glad he gets to test it out for 7 months before me... It makes it a little less intimidating ;)
We had our share of the Winter Storm Titan (who names these things?) yesterday, so once I got home from a half day at my part time job, we were basically stuck with Netflix & snow day cuddles. Not a shabby way to spend a birthday, but only because we unknowingly made the smartest decision ever by going grocery shopping & buying a dozen donuts the day before. Thank GOD, because those donuts were heaven-sent as the ice hit the window & it became clear that our dinner plans were not happening. We made the most of it & set up camp (air mattress & allllll the blankets) in the family room.
So! Since there's only so many ways to take pictures of watching Frozen & drinking coffee, I'm instead sharing 26 things about my 26-year-old love.
26 Things to Love About Jared Bethune
- The way he can make both our moms laugh
- His love for paisley
- He's a perfect duet parter
- His joy in hospitality
- & mad bartending skills
- The many laughs: silent laugh, the "HAha!", the tongue in teeth, etc.
- His Stefon & Jerry Seinfeld impressions
- Coffee every morning
- He's mastered eggs benedict
- The way he believes in people
- His fabby hair
- He freaks out over cute dogs & the Olympics with me
- & can ballroom dance while naming all of the Empire's commanding officers from Star Wars
- He will watch Dexter's Lab & Power Puff Girls whenever given the chance
- The way he will see me on the computer & ask if I'm "Kenny Bloggins"
- Brownies & coffee ice-cream at any hour of the day
- He gets all melty over our nieces & nephews
- The fact that he's a super fit, health-conscious guy, but has come into the room three times since I started writing this to tell me he wants corn dogs, Taco Bell & "those pocket pizza things"
- How hard he tries not to snore
- His appreciation of the old, the unique, the handmade & the imperfect
- The way he plays his current favorite song over & over, learning its soul
- His pursuit of not just knowing, but understanding things - top to bottom, inside & out
- He has an undying love (passion?) for havarti cheese
- His arm is always ready for mine & I haven't opened a door/car door in his presence since I met him
- The way he can make any person feel at ease
- & his happiness in all the things, big or small
Psst, Jared! I'm so excited for your 26th year, babe. You are my everything & really, my joy. xo