10.17.2011

wedding - invitations suite II


we decided pretty early on to use this color palette:

I went from everything from yellow to salmon to mint before finally settling on this.
looking back, I'm actually pretty impressed at how well we stuck to it.
being the wedding-loving person I am,
I knew early on that I wanted a pretty feel - very romantic & rustic.
you'll see off whites, book pages & rosey/dusky colors in the rest of the suite, as well.

the save-the-dates were a little agonizing to pick out!
I kept telling my mom that I knew it'd be the first taste that the guests will get of our wedding's flavor,
so this process was incredibly important.
that being said, I think what we ended up with was perfect.
(apologies for the horrible lighting)



The save-the-dates

these lovely save-the-dates were fun to make & pretty easy... once the supplies were all in!
I quickly enlisted sisters from both sides to cut hearts for the envelopes out of an old book that Jared's mom provided,
& we set to work stamping 23rd's with the teensiest heart stamp (thank-you, Mrs. Alexander!).
I also had my heart set on upright (top-open) envelopes & we found the perfect color a week before they had to go out.

Jared's sister & I spent about 6 hours addressing these babies,
because as beautiful as my eggplant, upright envelopes were...
They sure could suck up some paint from that paint pen!
Bonding time, right, Phoebe?

Heart stamp: Stampin' up!
Envelopes + Paper: Paper Presentation
Paint Pen: Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.