5.07.2014

wearing - 17/50

 photo 5.jpg
 photo 3.jpg
 photo 4.jpg
 photo 1.jpg
 photo 2.jpg
 photo 7.jpg
 photo 6.jpg
top - H&M // pencil skirt - vintage // sandals - TJ Maxx // lips - Revlon's Fire & Ice // nails - Essie's Turquoise & Caicos

I had an uncommonly late agenda this morning, so I, of course, promised myself that I was going to allow myself to sleep in, enjoy a slow morning, maybe do something crazy like actually style/brush my hair. Instead, my eyes wouldn't stay shut past 7:30am, which was right before the texts from various people started rolling in. 

After nearly dropping my phone on my face at least 6 times while battling with the phone's screen orientation from my horizontal position, I begrudgingly got up, cursed that I randomly gave up caffeine last week (9 days in!), & moseyed to the bathroom for my morning ritual of pressing ice cubes to my under-eyes, since pollen is here to stay & that means I'll be looking like Renee Zellweger circa 2001 from 6:30-8am every morning until July.

But the kicker, ahhhh the kicker, was when halfway through brushing my teeth, I remembered that it was the first Wednesday of the month, & on the first Wednesday of the month, one side of our street gets cleaned. If your car is on the side that's getting cleaned, you get ticketed immediately. I don't know how they do it, but they are sneaky & fast. Can I ever remember which side to not park on? No. Do phone reminders help? Of course not. Did I run out to my car with a toothbrush in my mouth & pajamas tucked into rainboots? Yes, absolutely.  Did I do this for no reason because somehow, I had managed to park on the other side of the street without even trying? You betcha. 

The good news (besides avoiding a $30 ticket) is that I got to wave hello to our landlord looking as crazy as it comes -- wait that's the bad news -- is that Day 9 of no coffee/caffeine was much easier after the half marathon I ran during all of that. Much like sleeping through an alarm, nothing will wake me up faster than the possibility of my spending money going to a parking ticket instead of the jumpsuit I've been eyeing at Francesca's.

& for the record, I actually love Renee Zellweger.

6 comments:

  1. Haha aw. You poor thing! I am so with you on the allergies, and I am so sorry you had a rough day, too! I had a "no good horrible bad day" as well, if it makes you feel any better! ;) And there are 2 upsides: 1) Tomorrow can only be better! 2) You look fabulous! So retro secretary bombshell chic!

    Chin up, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, we've gotten our rough days out of the way for a perfect weekend ;) It actually was only a rough morning - The rest of the day was a-okay.

      Thank you for the encouragement, beauty!

      Delete
  2. I love your shoes! <3
    xx

    http://maybettonight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I keep trying to figure out how to wear them with everything, & it keeps not working ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Kelsey, this story did make me giggle - just the thought of you waving, toothbrush in hand? Bless you!

    This outfit is gorgeous - love the monochrome and the pops of red - you pull off red lippy amazingly well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pops of red girl! :) Glad you avoided the ticket - gotta love mornings like that right?!

    ReplyDelete

because lezz be frandz.