2.19.2012

sunday best

you may remember back in my 2011 review post that I mentioned the "sunday best" photo series we started to do last spring.
it was short lived, as we were camera-less & the phone camera wasn't really cutting it.
also, I skip church a lot for events in the summer & let's not kid ourselves...
work attire at an outdoor event venue in the south is way more sweaty than cute.

we both really like to look nice for church, & always have.
for me, it was an insistence on my hair being sponge curled on saturday night,
& I have it on good authority from my mother in law that Jared liked to dress up for church even as a little tike...
like, crocodile tears if he didn't get to wear his little clip-on bow tie.
some things don't change - although he has upgraded from the clip-on ;)

there's a few reasons that this post is embarrassing.
one - neither of us were altogether excited about what we wore to church today, but we remembered to take pictures, so I'm following through.
two - auto ISO = blown the heck out photo. whateeeever. apologies, & if you're wondering, my skirt is teal.
three - welcome to our dining room? awkward. but it was POURING outside today. options were limited. 
four - if this sticks, I'm quite positive I'll look back at our "first" & go all red like, ughhh, what were we thinking.

but here we are.
in our sunday best.
& on the rare rainy sunday that is the perfect weather for movies & soup & cuddling,
it really was one of the best yet.

xo, kelsey



4 comments:

  1. You two look great.


    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. eric needs a bow tie! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. I do need a bow tie. I think I could wear a bow tie at a few weddings this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally do it! ties.com, my friends. super affordable & ever-trendy!
      http://www.ties.com/freestyle-bow-ties

      Delete

because lezz be frandz.